APPEALS Submission of appeals 29.(1) A person who wishes to appeal in terms of section 21 of the Act against a decision or action by the executive officer or any other officer shall lodge his appeal with the Director-General within 90 days of the date of the decision or action concerned.
(2) Such an appeal shall be in the form of a written statement that has been confirmed under oath and shall specify -
(a) the decision or action against which the appeal is being lodged; and
(b) the grounds on which the appeal is based.
(3) Such an appeal shall be accompanied by an mount of R100.
(4) If an appeal is lodged by a person who is not the land user of the land to which the decision or action concerned relates, the appeal shall be accompanied by a statement in which that person discloses his interest in that decision or action.
(5) The amount referred to in subregulation (3) shall be paid by cheque, postal order or money order made out in favour of the Director-General: Agriculture: Provided that if the appeal concerned is delivered by hand, such amount may be paid in cash.
Hearing and questioning of appellants 30.(1) A request, if any, in terms of section 21 (4) of the Act by an appellant to appear before an officer designated to report on an appeal in order to be heard and questioned shall accompany the appeal concerned.
(2) An appellant shall be notified in writing of the date on which, the time at which and the place where an inquiry referred to in section 21 (3) of the Act is to be held.
Address for lodging of appeals 31. An appeal lodged in terms of section 21 of the Act shall-
(a) when forwarded by post, be addressed to the Director-General: Agriculture, Private Bag X250, Pretoria, 0001; and
(b) when delivered by hand, be delivered to the Director-General: Agriculture, Dirk Uys Building, Hamilton Street, Pretoria.
GENERAL Address of executive officer 32. Any application, notice or document, as well as anything else pertaining thereto, which is required to be submitted to the executive officer in terms of the Act or these regulations shall-
(a) when forwarded by post, be addressed to the Director, Directorate of Soil Protection, Private Bag X120, Pretoria, 0001; and
(b) when Directorate delivered by hand, be delivered to the Director, Directorate of Soil Protection, Agriculture Building, Beatrix Street, Pretoria.
Commencement 33. These regulations shall come into operation on 1 June 1984.
AREAS WITHIN WHICH THE CULTIVATION OF CERTAIN SOILS WITH SLOPES ARE RESTRICTED