To maintain ecological connectivity of 29.5 hectares of the coastal zone at Budgewoi Beach & extending to supporting Dunecare projects to the south of the site.
Brief description of the Project:
BBDC is into its 19th year restoring & maintaining 26hectares of Budgewoi Beach, & 3.5hectares of Lake & Ocean frontage. This includes, primary, secondary weeding, vegetative maintenance, foredune stabilisation, boardwalks & beach accesses, propagating & planting tube-stock, monitoring the site, & involving the wider community along with project partners in biodiversity conservation.
Location: (i.e. over the entire site, or nominate a specific section)
Name of property owner for the project: - Crown lands- Care & Control WSC + Budgewoi holiday park - Reserve Trust (R88683)
Which sub-catchment will your project be in? Greater Sydney Local Sand Services
Lot and DP:
Name of property owner/s for the project:
Property owner approval for the project:
Already provided – please attach a copy To be obtained
1. Have you discussed this project with Council Landcare staff? YES NO N/A
2. Do these activities fit within the scope of your current approved action plan? YES NO N/A
3. Have you discussed proposed works with other stakeholders and neighbours? YES NO N/A
If yes, please describe:
4. Is there any indigenous consultation required? If yes, please describe: YES NO N/A
5. Have you applied for other sources of funding? If yes, please list: YES NO N/A
To cover cost areas not covered in this EOI BBDC continues to receive corporate sponsorship & apply for small projects grants with LLS. (A list of sponsors is listed)
6. Are there any approvals or permits needed? If yes, please list: YES NO N/A
7. Do you intend to hold field days or workshops? YES NO N/A
If yes, please describe and nominate days:
World Environment day first Sunday in June 2015.
8. Are there any factors which could cause problems? What contingencies can be put in place?
9. Please list any Threatened Species of Endangered Ecological Communities in your work area:
Several EEC’s are located throughout the site in both littoral rainforest & coastal wetland vegetation structures.
Task: weeding asparagus fern at Coloma St
Other: Materials for repairing vandalised accessways $350.00
Total Value of the Project(A+B): $108,571.00 + sponsorship + LLS grant
Site Photo: Please attach a photo of the area before works commence
Mud Map: Please draw your works area, showing reference points (co-ordinates, streets, creeks, buildings etc) and where the activities will be undertaken
Please refer to Budgewoi Beach Dunecare website: WWW budgewoibeachdunecare
Key: Location: Date: Drawn by: North
For works in which planting is a component please list the names of plants proposed to be used (using both scientific & common name if possible), the growth form (tree, shrub, ground cover, vine etc) and the number of plants required.
Provenance (seed collection location): Seeds are all collected on-site in correct vegetation zonation owing to chloride scold.